- Computer Basic or equivalent
Following are the objective of this course:
- Discuss the concepts of good software design and methods.
- Learn to use flowchart and pseudo-code to decompose a complex problem.
- Develop algorithms using different methods.
- Develop software using various programming techniques.
- The script element
- Creating an alert message
- Prompting a user for an input
- Debugging scripts in browsers
- Warning Messages
- Beginning of the program
- Defining Variable
- Introduction to Flow Chart
- Introduction to Numerical variables
- Introduction to Data Types
- Introduction to Mathematical Operators
- Introduction to Assignment Operators
- Introduction to String operations
- Operator precedence Numerical calculations
- Increment and decrement operators
- Simple and Complex Statement
- Variable scope
- Using random numbers
- Concatenating strings
- Mixing numbers and strings
- Introduction to Relational Operation
- Introduction to Logical Operators & Expression
- Comparison operators
- if statement
- Logical operators (and, or, not)
- If … Else statement
- If .. else if.. statements
- switch statement
- For loop
- for…in loop
- while loop
- do…while loop
- break and continue statements
- Introduction to Functions
- Functions with arguments
- Passing parameters to functions
- Creating A Simple Form
- Adding Text Boxes
- Adding Buttons
- The course assumes that the learner is familiar with Internet and Windows. The student should have the basic knowledge of starting an application, managing Folder and files and browsing Internet for information.
- This course depends on the student’s commitment to work in class and, if necessary, to work independently at his/her own time on project assigned to them that will require access to the computer.
Learning Resources and Tools
The work load of each unit varies and each unit consists a combination of the following:
- Lecture: The Lecture consists of notes that can be used by students as a reference material.
- Hands-on Exercises: The hands-on exercises help students apply the concepts learnt during the lecture.
- Quiz: The quiz allows the student to further validate their learning. The answers are provided at the end of each quiz session.
- Projects: Projects help students apply the concepts learnt through the lecture and apply to build an application,
An access to a computer and an Internet browser.