Date: 5/6-6/24, 2021
Time: 4:30 – 5:30 PM PST
Day: 8 Thursdays
Age: 12 – 16
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Understand the basic concepts of using good software design and methodology.
- Use flowchart and pseudo-code to decompose a complex problem into manageable code.
- Develop algorithms using different methods.
- Develop software using various programming techniques.
- The script element
- Creating an alert message
- Prompting a user for an input
- Debugging scripts in browsers
- Warning Messages
- Beginning of the program
- Defining Variable
- Introduction to Flow Chart
- Introduction to Numerical variables
- Introduction to Data Types
- Introduction to Mathematical Operators
- Introduction to Assignment Operators
- Introduction to String operations
- Operator precedence Numerical calculations
- Increment and decrement operators
- Simple and Complex Statement
- Variable scope
- Using random numbers
- Using random numbers
- Concatenating strings
- Mixing numbers and strings
- Introduction to Relational Operation
- Introduction to Logical Operators & Expression
- Comparison operators
- Logical operators (and, or, not)
- if statement
- If … Else statement
- If .. else if.. statements
- switch statement
- For loop
- for…in loop
- while loop
- do…while loop
- break and continue statements
- Introduction to Functions
- Functions with arguments
- Passing parameters to functions
- Creating A Simple Form
- Adding Text Boxes
- Adding Buttons
The student is familiar with basic computer usage and is committed to working independently in their own time on a project assigned to them.
Modes of Learning
Live Online Interactive Training Sessions
Students will attend online classes conducted by a panel of our expert teachers and will have the opportunity to interact live with the instructor. Students will meet the instructor live online at a scheduled time once a week for 8 weeks. They have the option to signup for a group or private lesson.
Group Lesson: We maintain 1:5 teacher to student ratio ensuring every student gets individual attention.
Private Lesson: For an additional fee, the student can signup for a one-on-one private online lesson.
We pride ourselves in paying attention to every detail and intellectual needs of the students and ensure that the student’s training needs are met and the knowledge about the subject is delivered efficiently. Students will be assigned an account to access the courseware and instructor (via email) for a period of 12 months so they can also continue to study on their own, work on assigned projects and prepare for the final assessment even after the live online course is over.
After successful submission of the project work and passing assessments, a “Certificate of Completion” will be awarded by NRCLC validating their skill set acquired during the course. It is mandatory to pass all the assessments with at least 70% to obtain a “Certification of Completion”.
The course consists of 8 modules. The workload of each module varies and consists of a combination of the following:
Lecture: The Lecture consists of notes that can be used by students as reference material. Each module consists of at least one online lecture note with examples applicable to real-life scenarios. To keep the students up-to-date with the latest information, the lecture notes may consist of hyperlinks to current resources, such as an article, a book, or a website.
Hands-on Activity: The hands-on activities help students apply the concepts learned during the lecture. Each module consists of programming activities and exercises.
Quiz: The quiz allows the student to further validate their learning. Students get unlimited attempts to pass the quiz with a minimum score of 70%.
Mini-Project: Projects help students apply the concepts learned through the lecture and apply them to build an application. All the mini projects are to be submitted via email before the end of the course.
Module Completion: To complete each module, the student must follow the instructions listed in the lecture notes.
Final Exam: At the end of the course, the student can take the final exam. The student must score 70% or more to receive a certificate of completion.
A computer with Internet access.
This course is suitable for students wanting to pursue a career in Website Development, Game Development, or Software Engineering. It will serve as a foundation course for anyone wanting to develop Interactive Websites or acquire Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA) Certification.JOIN THE COURSE